I’m an Associate Professor at the University of Toronto. My lab's homepage can be found here. I have appointments in the Departments of Cell & Systems Biology, Computer Science and Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. I'm part of the growing computational biology community in Toronto.
- CSB435 “Regulatory Networks and Systems in Molecular Biology”.
(slides are here.)
- CSB1000 Special topics in genomics: “The Hazelnut Blight Genome Project”.
- MMG1012H “Statistical Modeling and Machine Learning for biological analysis” a.ka "ML4bio" with Quaid Morris. For more information see the course website.
for MMG1016H (slides are here)
- I am involved in the VEGI and SGRP sequencing projects
- The edge has interesting discussion about science and culture.
I was a Postdoctoral Fellow in Richard Durbin's group at the Sanger institute, and a graduate student in Mike Eisen’s lab at LBNL while doing my PhD in the Graduate Group in Biophysics at UC Berkeley. Over the years I've worked with cool collaborators like Brenda Andrews, Yolanda Chong, Gianni Liti, Hunter Fraser, Jeff Wang, Len Pennacchio, Derek Chiang, Audrey Gasch and Dan Pollard. Before getting into research, I studied biophysics and astronomy at Columbia.