I’m an Assistant Professor at the University of Toronto. My lab's homepage can be found here. I have appointments in the Departments of Cell & Systems Biology, Computer Science and Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. I'm part of the growing computational biology community in Toronto.
- CSB435 “Regulatory Networks and Systems in Molecular Biology”. The latest syllabus can be found here.
- CSB349 “Eukaryotic gene expression” with Vince Tropepe. For more information see the course website.
(slides are here.)
- CSB1000 Special topics in genomics: “The Hazelnut Blight Genome Project”.
- MMG1012H “Statistical Modeling and Machine Learning” with Quaid Morris. For more information see the course website.
evolution for MMG1016H (slides are here)
- I am involved in the VEGI and SGRP sequencing projects
- The edge has interesting discussion about science and culture.
I was a Postdoctoral Fellow in Richard Durbin's group at the Sanger institute, and a graduate student in Mike Eisen’s lab at LBNL while doing my PhD in the Graduate Group in Biophysics at UC Berkeley. There I worked with cool collaborators like Jeff Wang, Len Pennacchio, Derek Chiang, Audrey Gasch and Dan Pollard. Before that I studied biophysics and astronomy at Columbia. For more details, look at my cv.